CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 15, 2007

What's in a name?

I figure it's fitting to make the first blog be about how BABY BUCKET got its name. When I was expecting my son, we had decided against using an infant carseat carrier with him. We jokingly called them "bucket seats" since the carrier concept so closely resembled a pail.

I knew I'd need some way to carry our son if I wasn't going to use a bucket seat. I found a few brands of pouch slings and registered for them for baby shower gifts. But, no one got me one. I don't blame them, the cheapest one was $60! There was no way I was going to spend my own money on one when I knew how to sew.

So, after some trial and error to get the sizing right, I had made myself a few pouch slings. Once my son was born and I started wearing him, people were stopping me at the post office, the bank, the grocery store, meetings and playgroups to ask me where I got my slings. When I told them I made them, they'd ask for me to make them one. And, that is how I got started making slings.

My slings needed a name, so I decided on BABY BUCKET since I used them in place of a bucket seat.

Now you know. :)